“Did I say AUTOCROSS SPONSORSHIP PROGRAM?!”
But I can understand why you might have that reaction. I’m currently unaware of another company using a sponsorship program specifically for autocross.
Here’s why: Autocross is a sport where a small number of people gather. While many companies want to spend money to reach the highest number of people possible, (which makes sense, more impressions = more sales) I’m targeting a very small niche: the drivers themselves. Because they are the ones who can benefit from this website.
I also relish the thought of:
- Supporting grassroots racing and promoting the motorsport lifestyle.
- Helping amateur racers become incredible drivers without spending huge amounts of money at a racing school.
- Starting a motorsport movement. This is the first website (that I know of) that is producing free content which promotes a real, complex, actionable, self-starting racing environment.
- Meeting hundreds and hundreds of people who are interested in representing my company and my brand while doing what they love most in the whole world.
I really want to encourage you to apply. The guidelines leave the sponsorship wide open to almost anyone, and I’m really looking forward to meeting you.
I want to leave you with a few thoughts about the upcoming racing season:
- I hope you’re planning on using hard data to make decisions. Are your tires inside their optimal operating temperatures? If you see everyone spraying water on their tires they have absolutely no idea what they’re doing. Read your tread temperatures and make informed decisions. This applies to every decision.
- If you know anything about me, you know that I’m a huge proponent of increasing driver skill over throwing money at the car. What is your exact plan for becoming better behind the wheel? And “get progressively faster” or “win more” aren’t plans, they’re goals. Really think about your process for becoming amazing. If that makes you uncomfortable, then you have a lot of work to do.
- ALWAYS feel free to contact me and let me know what’s working for you or what you’re having a tough time conquering. I love talking about this stuff.