Episode 012: Everything you need to know about tuning your car with tire pressures.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (49.3MB) | Embed
Subscribe: iTunes | Android | Email |
Tire pressures are the down and dirty way to change the handling characteristics of your racecar.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- Why the concept of contact patch is so important to the racecar builder/tuner/driver
- How various tire temperatures effect contact patch
- More about slip angles and why you need to be aware of their effect on your cars drivability
- An introduction to yaw angles
- How to tune your tire pressures to change the handling characteristics of your vehicle on the fly
Racers HQ Podcast iTunes Link: Please submit your review!
Racers HQ Instagram: @racersHQ
Winners Are Driven, by Bobby Unser (three time Indy 500 winner). Incredible insight into motorsport business, tenacity, networking, building relationships, and succeeding in the racing world
Racers HQ Podcast Episode 011: Three game strategies for the autocross racer’s rapid progression
Tire pressure shape and performance video
Neutral steering informational video
2017 Autocross Sponsorship Program information – Go apply right now!
Someone you know will love this! Who is it?